DigiSchool was honored with the prestigious Shiksha Ratan Award at the State Education Summit 2013 held at Chandigarh, Punjab. HCL Learning’s flagship solution for classrooms, DigiSchool was awarded the “Best Smart Classroom Solution Provider” in the category.
Shiksha Ratna Awards summit organized by the Department of School Education, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Government of Punjab and Elets Technomedia Pvt. Ltd, Delhi recognizes excellence of IT in education and aims at building the capacity of the education stakeholders. Eminent jury members included dignitaries such as Mr. Sikander Singh Maluka honorable Education Minister of Punjab, Kahan Singh Pannu, Secretary-cum-Director General School Education Punjab and Shri Dharam Vir, State Election Commissioner, Punjab.
On the occasion, Rothin Bhattacharya EVP Marketing, Strategy & Business Development said, “It’s a proud moment for us. Our technology has been able to bring in innovation to our education system by enriching the teaching-learning experience and this award is a testament to our effort. DigiSchool is a highly intuitive learning solution, packed with visually rich content with 2D/3D elements that makes the learning experience a delight for the student. We have a strong regional presence in north India and we are looking at further expansion by providing this unique teaching and learning experience to many more schools in the region. In Punjab we are present in so many schools and are looking at providing this unique teaching and learning experience to many more schools in the region. “
Life Cycle Services (LCS), the services arm of HCL Infosystems Ltd. (HCLI) has been providing cutting edge service delivery and support to customers of Digischool, the flagship product of HCL Learning. Backed by HCLI’s in-house LCS which has 720 support touch points, 10000 service engineers and a reach in more than 5000 towns, HCL Learning has consistently delivered high satisfaction levels to its customers across India.
Recognizing this fact, Educomp Solutions Ltd. has entered into business collaboration with HCLI to avail LCS – Life Cycle Services for existing and new Educomp classrooms across India. This will include providing break-fix support and field repair services along with managing new installations of Educomp Classrooms.
Some key noteworthy details are as follows:
1) This engagement is only a business collaboration between HCLI’ LCS and Educomp. It doesn’t in any way imply a merger/acquisition/takeover of/by any of the two companies.
2) Irrespective of the Educomp deal, HCLI LCS will continue to serve HCL Learning’s customers and deliver high standards of service delivery for new and existing Digischool customers of HCL Learning.
3) Educomp has offered its DTS system cabinet/shell to HCL Learning. However, it is only a high level agreement but no commitment has been made from HCL Learning. No order has yet been placed by HCL Learning to procure DTS Shell from Educomp. The DTS proposal from Educomp is in no way binding on HCL Learning and HCL Learning will be free to purchase DTS shell or any other system or service at its sole discretion and prerogative from any vendor it may deem fit.
4) Even if HCL Learning procures DTS Shell from Educomp, it will continue to offer the cutting edge state of art classroom learning infrastructure equipment in the DTS shell from leading brands like HCL, Benq, SMART, Hitachi, Optoma, Lenovo, etc.
5) Further, HCL Learning will continue to create value for its customers by offering differentiated content (intellectual property rights owned by HCL). HCL Learning has a vast repository of in house researched and developed high quality 2D & 3D rich multimedia content that is being used in more than 3000 schools across India and has been accepted worldwide as well.
Classrooms will be provided with state- of- the-art multimedia and interactive learning infrastructure.
HCL Learning’s DigiSchoolTM activated in 60 DPS Schools across the country.
New Delhi, 31-July, 2013: DPS RK Puram, a premier school of India, today introduced HCL Learning’s DigiSchoolTM in its classrooms to promote collaborative learning. HCL Learning’s Digischool is an highly intuitive classroom learning ecosystem comprising world class interactive K-12 content, cutting edge software platform and delivery systems and best-in-class multimedia infrastructure.
The announcement was made today at an inauguration function hosted by the school where HCL Learning’s flagship learning solution DigiSchoolTM was showcased. HCL Learning is the education and learning division of HCL Infosystems Ltd., India’s leading ICT System Integration, Services, Hardware and Distribution Company.
DigiSchoolTM introduced at DPS RK Puram, is a remarkable touch based interactive learning solution packed with rich 2D/3D media elements. This educator led digital multimedia learning solution through its vast repository of age appropriate media, content and powerful multimedia tools caters to the learning needs of the students and enables infrastructure that makes classrooms achieve global standards.
With an in-house team of over 300 academicians, instructional designers and experts from the education field, DigiSchoolTM content is rigorously tailored to suit the needs of the teachers and students. After empowering over 3000 schools and 3 million students HCL Learning offers a service excellence frame work and robust infrastructure that will support this next generation learning ecosystem installed in DPS RK Puram.
Dr Saini a veteran educationist and principal DPS Vasant Vihar on the occasion said “After visiting a number of countries and observing the advent of innovative technologies in the education sphere,DigiSchoolTM, HCL Learning’s interactive multimedia classroom solution is very impressive”.
Chetan Mahajan head HCL LEARNING said “It is a proud moment for us to provide our Learning Solution to one of India’s finest schools. We have always believed that the true success of DigiSchoolTM lies in delivering measurable outcomes. Our technology has been able to bring in innovation to our education system by elevating the teaching-learning experience. DigiSchoolTM has already made a mark in more than 60 DPS and many other premium schools across the country. I am confident that DigiSchoolTM will bring about positive measurable improvements in learning outcomes at your school.
|The Times of India|